There are several treatment options on the cosmetic market to reduce the visible signs of aging and create younger-looking skin, but only dermal fillers smooth out skin and enhance facial features without surgery or downtime.
At Metro Dermatology, our medical team is highly experienced in dermal fillers and facial anatomy, sculpting results that are natural and move freely with your facial expressions.
Metro Dermatology has convenient locations in Bronx, Elmhurst, and Flushing, New York and in Englewood, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
We currently offer five dermal fillers – Juvederm®, Restylane®, Voluma®, Radiesse®, and Sculptra®.
What are Hyaluronic Acid Fillers?
Several dermal fillers are comprised of hyaluronic acid, a complex sugar compound that is found naturally in the body. Once injected directly underneath the skin in treated areas, hyaluronic acid combines with the water in the body to create instant volume and fullness, smoothing out wrinkles.
Additionally, treatments that utilize hyaluronic acid typically have minimal adverse reactions, as the body already this substance. Our hyaluronic acid dermal filler treatments include:
- Juvederm®, which is FDA-approved for moderate to severe wrinkles around the nose and mouth.
- Restylane® is designed to rejuvenate moderate to severe wrinkles in the lines that run from your nose to the corners of your mouth as well as the area below the nose and above the upper lip, the corners of the mouth and the jawline.
- Voluma® is a gel formulation specifically for enhancing the cheek area due to age-related volume loss.
What Other Fillers are Available?
In addition to hyaluronic acid fillers, there are also other dermal fillers that contain natural substances recognized by the body:
- Radiesse® contains Calcium Hydroxylapatite microspheres that not only provide immediate volume but also stimulate the production of your body’s own natural collagen, improving the appearance of your skin even after the filler wears off.
- Sculptra® utilizes poly-L-lactic acid, a substance that has been safely used in dissolvable stitches for several years. This filler is both biodegradable and biocompatible, and works gradually to improve skin and replace lost collagen.
Are There Any Side Effects?
While temporary redness, swelling, bruising and itching are common after dermal filler injections, each dermal filler has its own set of possible side effects and risks. These will be discussed with you during your consultation with our medical team. Prior to treatment, your health, medical history, cosmetic goals and other factors will be discussed to determine if dermal fillers are right for you.
How Long Will Results Last?
While fine lines and wrinkles will return after dermal fillers wear off, they can be effectively managed with regular treatment. The full visibility of results often depends on the individual and can range anywhere from several months to a year or more.
Contact Metro Dermatology today to schedule a consultation and find out if dermal fillers are right for you.
Serving Englewood NJ: Englewood Cliffs, Teaneck, Leonia, Fort Lee, Palisades Park, Hackensack, Bergenfield, Tenafly, and Ridgefield Park, NJ
Serving Flushing NY: College Point, Whitestone, Murray Hill, Bayside, Fresh Meadows, and Corona, NY
Serving Elmhurst NY: Jackson Heights, Woodside, Sunnyside, Rego Park, and Astoria, NY
Serving Bronx NY: Southwest Bronx, Downtown Bronx, Concourse Village, East Tremont, Highbridge, Hunts Point, Longwood, Foxhurst, Woodstock, Melrose, Morris Heights, Morrisania, Crotona Park East, Mott Haven, Port Morris, The Hub, Mount Eden, and Mount Hope, NY