If you are interested in smoothing your wrinkles and tightening your loose skin, surgery is no longer the only option. At Metro Dermatology, our Thermage treatments create younger, rejuvenated skin using non-invasive technology with no downtime necessary.
Metro Dermatology has convenient locations to serve you in Bronx, Elmhurst, and Flushing, New York and Englewood, New Jersey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What is Thermage®?
While there are several skin rejuvenation treatments on the cosmetic market, some do not produce significant results and can irritate your skin. Thermage uses safe, clinically tested radiofrequency therapy to tighten skin and smooth out the visible signs of aging around the eyes, face, and body.
Using a combination of heating and cooling technology, Thermage creates subtle, natural enhancement of treated areas with a four-step process:
- As the radiofrequency therapy begins to penetrate the skin, Thermage® delivers a cooling sensation to minimize discomfort and protect the skin.
- A specially designed treatment tip is then placed in targeted areas to begin warming the tissues underneath the skin surface
- The radiofrequency continues, deeply heating tissues at a controlled temperature to restructure the skin and stimulate the production of collagen
- The cooling energy is delivered to treated areas a final time to cool the skin
Thermage® is also equipped with patented Comfort Pulse Technology, administering the radiofrequency in gentle waves followed by interspersed cooling to ensure complete patient comfort.
What Does Thermage® Treat?
Thermage® reduces the visible signs of aging in several areas of the body, including:
- Brow lines, fine lines and hooding in the eye area
- Loose jowls and sagging skin in the jaw and chin
- The “turkey wattle” appearance caused by lax skin in the neck
- Unwanted bulges and dimples in other areas
Am I a Good Candidate for Thermage®?
Although Thermage® is a safe alternative to surgery and other invasive treatments, it is not for everyone. Men and women who have pacemakers or other active implants may want to seek other alternatives, as well as those who seek more dramatic results.
During your consultation with our medical team, we will help you determine whether Thermage NYC is right for you.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Slight numbness or tingling in treated areas may be experienced after treatment, but should subside shortly after. The risks and possible complications with Thermage® will be discussed with you during your consultation. This treatment does not typically require recovery time, and most patients can return to normal activities immediately after treatment.
Although most patients are satisfied after one Thermage® session, your treatment plan will be tailored to your individual needs.
Contact Metro Dermatology today to schedule a consultation and find out if Thermage® is right for you.
Serving Englewood NJ: Englewood Cliffs, Teaneck, Leonia, Fort Lee, Palisades Park, Hackensack, Bergenfield, Tenafly, and Ridgefield Park, NJ
Serving Flushing NY: College Point, Whitestone, Murray Hill, Bayside, Fresh Meadows, and Corona, NY
Serving Elmhurst NY: Jackson Heights, Woodside, Sunnyside, Rego Park, and Astoria, NY
Serving Bronx NY: Southwest Bronx, Downtown Bronx, Concourse Village, East Tremont, Highbridge, Hunts Point, Longwood, Foxhurst, Woodstock, Melrose, Morris Heights, Morrisania, Crotona Park East, Mott Haven, Port Morris, The Hub, Mount Eden, and Mount Hope, NY