Tattoos are meant to be permanent. While they may seem like a great idea, you may come to regret them due to their interference with your personal life, your profession, or even your romantic life. This becomes a substantial problem because tattoos are designed to be resilient. The ink pigment particles buried beneath the skin are too large for the body to naturally remove, which in turn means that they must be broken down for laser tattoo removal.
Laser tattoo removal represents one of the more convenient ways to accomplish this. The removal occurs with minimal damage to the nearby skin, which in turn can help you avoid the undesirable side effects that accompany traditional methods of removing tattoos.
What is Laser Tattoo Removal?
This treatment utilizes a high-powered laser to penetrate the skin. This light harmlessly passes through the skin, but it forces pigment particles to begin vibrating. This creates heat, which in turn causes the particles to break into smaller pieces that can be removed by the lymphatic system.
Each treatment varies in terms of length, as they can range from 20 minutes to over an hour for each treatment site. The results of laser tattoo removal treatment tend to be gradual. This means that the tattoo should fade with each successive appointment and over time as your body’s natural processes occur.
Benefits of Laser Tattoo Removal?
There are a number of marked advantages to laser tattoo removals, most of which involve the non-surgical nature of this treatment. These advantages include:
- No scarring – The laser light is designed to leave your healthy skin cells alone. This means that the potential for scarring is low, which contrasts removal methods that rely upon “sanding” the skin.
- Effective fading and removal of tattoos – Laser removal can effectively diminish the appearance of tattoos without the lasting effects that can make other methods of removal undesirable.
- Minimal recovery – After receiving treatments of laser tattoo removal, you need to protect your skin from ultraviolet radiation for a few days. A small amount of redness and tenderness may persist, but these effects should subside within a few days of treatment.
- Removing specific or entire tattoos – Laser tattoo removals can remove specific tattoos or cleanse entire regions of your body from tattoos.
- Safety – Laser tattoo removal is one of the safest ways to remove tattoos. The risk of infection is minimal, few undesirable side effects occur after receiving treatment and comfort tends to stay high during the treatment process.
Is Laser Tattoo Removal Right for You?
This treatment marks an advancement in tattoo removal. To determine if laser tattoo removals Treatment is ideal for removing undesirable ink from your skin, sit down with the experts at Metro Dermatology. We can evaluate your unique needs to match you with the most appropriate solutions. We have offices in Elmhurst, Flushing, Englewood, and the Bronx. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.